Do you want to make espresso at home in an affordable way?
Maybe it’s by good luck or it’s fate that brought you here to find the best Mr. Coffee espresso maker.
And yes! Mr. Coffee is your ticket to economically enjoying espresso coffee drinks.
What we got here, is our review of the best Mr. Coffee espresso makers. And if you need more information about other brands, we also cover a few alternatives for Mr. Coffee.
And of course, as a way of extending more help to our readers, we provide you with a buyer’s guide for Mr. Coffee espresso machines.
Read on, and you will get all the information you need.
Here Comes 4 Best Mr. Coffee Espresso Makers
The Mr. Coffee Café Barista is a simple to use espresso coffee machine. Its OneTouch control panel makes it quick and easy to create single or double shot espresso, cappuccino or latte drinks.
The automatic milk frother delivers milk automatically for latte and cappuccino selections. This feature eliminates the guesswork in milk frothing.
The transparent water reservoir quickly tells you when you need to refill. It is also removable for easy refilling.
- Makes quick and easy espresso, cappuccino, and latte drinks
- The 15-bar pressure extracts full coffee flavor
- Removable tank is easy to refill
- The automatic milk frother stops the guesswork in frothing the right amount of milk for cappuccinos and latte drinks.
- Small footprint
- Small water reservoir capacity
The Mr. Coffee Automatic Dual Shot espresso coffee maker has a Thermoblock heating system that heats the water quickly. Combined with the 15 bar pressure pump, this coffee maker brews full-bodied espresso with the rich crema.
If you love cappuccinos and lattes, the milk frother makes rich foam so that you can enjoy creamy coffee drinks. And the Dual-shot brewing makes two cups at the same time for convenience.
- Heats water fast with the Thermoblock heating system
- It has a large capacity water reservoir
- The removable water reservoir is convenient to fill
- Easy to use control panel
- Compact size
- It lacks an automatic flow stop when brewing espresso. You need to turn the knob manually to stop the water flow.
The Mr. Coffee Home Kitchen Italian espresso maker allows you to enjoy great espresso drinks daily in the comfort of your home. The 19 bars of pressure creates a rich espresso with the rich crema you can’t resist.
The control panel has an easy to learn controls. And the milk frother allows you to enjoy cafe-style cappuccino and lattes.
The removable drip tray makes it easy to clean. Additionally, the large capacity water tank is removable for quick and easy refilling.
- Easy to operate and clean
- Small footprint
- Quick heat up time
- Decent milk frother
- It has a large capacity water reservoir, and it’s easy to fill
- The lack of automatic stop function is an inconvenience.
The Mr. Coffee 4-cup Steam Espresso system doesn’t use an electronic pump to create pressure. Instead, it uses steam pressure to create 3.5 bars of pressure.
This coffee maker can make 1 to 4 cups espresso in a single brewing. It has a 4-cup capacity glass decanter to catch the coffee extract.
The milk frother does its job well in creating thick foam. The milk foam is perfect for you to enjoy great cappuccinos and latte coffee drinks.
- Very quiet compared to pump-driven espresso machines
- Easy to operate
- Nice stainless steel finish
- Compact and lightweight
- The non-removable water tank makes it difficult to fill and clean.
- The lack of auto shut off feature may damage the machine if you forget to turn it off.
3 Alternatives for Mr. Coffee Espresso Makers
Mr. Coffee is a good choice, but don’t limit yourself. Here are some great alternatives for Mr. Coffee espresso makers.
The DeLonghi ECP 3220R espresso machine is a semi-automatic workhorse that works in a single and double shot espressos, and easy serve espresso pods. This 3-in-1 feature makes it a versatile espresso machine.
- Versatile machine
- The removable tray and water tank makes it easier to clean.
- It has a compact design.
- It brews barista-quality coffee beverages.
- The milk frother makes rich and creamy foam.
- It takes a while for the steamer to heat the milk.
Liked DeLonghi? Read more on them in our Best DeLonghi Coffee Maker post.
The Hamilton Beach espresso machine with a steamer is versatile for accommodating soft pods. Its functional milk frother makes you enjoy a cappuccino and other espresso-based beverages.
- Versatile for using pre-measured soft pods
- The 15 bar Italian pump ensures extraction of rich espresso
- It’s easy to use with its push-button operation.
- The large reservoir is removable for easy cleaning and refilling.
- The heating element takes time to heat to get to the right temperature both for the shot and milk frothing.
The Capresso EC50 espresso machine ensures you get the best espresso cup with its built-in cup warmer. It is easy to use with just the turn of a dial, and the milk frother guarantees creamy cappuccino blends.
- It has a cup warmer.
- The stainless steel exterior adds to the machine’s sturdiness.
- It is easy to use.
- The milk frother does a decent job.
- It has a large water container.
- It has a small footprint
- It’s loud and shaky when in use.
Buyers Guide For Mr. Coffee Espresso Makers
Knowing about the key features of an espresso maker isn’t enough to satisfy you. The best coffee maker needs to fit your personal needs as a coffee lover.
So, to help you decide which espresso maker is right for you, we suggest you read this buyer’s guide.
Have you decided where to put your machine in your kitchen? If so, you should know the dimensions of the area where you intend to put your coffee maker.
Purchasing a machine larger than it’s supposed to be would pose a problem or inconvenience on your part. So, if possible, try to find something that has the right footprint for your countertop.
How Frequently do You Take Coffee?
Some people drink coffee all day long. Some drink early in the morning, during snacks, lunch, and just right after dinner.
If you’re the type of coffee lover who drinks coffee several times a day, you might want to consider a machine that has a large-capacity water tank. This feature will save you the trouble of frequent refills.
Do you Love Cappuccinos and Other Latte Drinks?
Milk frothers are not all the same. There are automatics and manual milk brothers.
For the automatics, the machine does the job for you. These machines have presets, which the device creates the exact froth amount for your selected coffee beverages, and this is done by just pressing a button or turning a knob.
For the manual milk frothers, it’s up to you to how long you steam the milk until you get the right texture you want. This manual milk frothers may be tedious to use, but it lets you experiment or customize your drinks.
So, depending on your preference, you might also want to consider this factor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mr. Coffee espresso machine good?
A Mr. Coffee espresso machine is useful if you want to enjoy an espresso and other espresso-based coffee drinks frugally.
How do I use my Mr. Coffee espresso maker?
Using a Mr. Coffee espresso maker depends on the model you have. But in general, it should be done like the following steps:
- Make sure the water reservoir has enough water in it.
- Use finely ground coffee (fresh or pre-ground) and put the right amount in a portafilter.
- Tamp the coffee firmly into the portafilter.
- Place the portafilter in its holder and make sure it’s securely in place.
- Select the settings you prefer. This setting depends on your unit, then start the extraction.
- Make sure you place a cup under the portafilter.
- Wait for the extraction to finish.
- If your espresso maker comes with a milk frother, you may froth some milk to create other espresso-based drinks.
- Enjoy your coffee.
- Make sure you clean the milk frother and your espresso machine after every use.
How do you clean Mr. Coffee espresso?
Cleaning helps extend the life of your Mr. Coffee espresso machine, and it also maintains the taste quality of your espresso drinks. Here are a few steps to follow in cleaning your Mr. Coffee espresso maker.
- Make sure to turn your unit off and unplug it.
- Let your espresso machine cool down to avoid accidental burns.
- Make sure to clean the frothing tube if there’s any with a clean, soft cloth. You may also unscrew the frothing valve and clean the valve aid with a pin or toothpick.
- Dispose of the coffee puck from the portafilter. Wash the portafilter and drip tray with warm soapy water and rinse them thoroughly.
- Let them dry.
- For the reservoir, make sure the pressure has been released before you discard the remaining water from the tank.
- Wipe the exterior of the espresso maker with a clean damp cloth.
How much is a Mr. Coffee espresso machine?
Mr. Coffee espresso machines are very affordable, but individual models vary in cost. It’s difficult to tell the price because it may change unpredictably.
So, it’s better to check prices from time to time for updates.
How do you froth milk in Mr. Coffee espresso maker?
Frothing milk in Mr. Coffee espresso maker is easy by following the steps below.
- Put in milk in a cup.
- Make sure to turn on your espresso maker.
- Switch on the steam and wait for the espresso maker until it’s ready.
- When it’s prepared, immerse the milk frothing valve into your cup of milk.
- Depending on your unit, press a button, or turn a knob for the milk frothing to start.
- Wait for the milk to turn into your desired froth and stop the frothing by pressing a button or turning a knob.
- Mix it with your espresso coffee and enjoy it.