Many drip coffee aficionados don’t understand why there are people who love to use a percolator. Drip coffee makers are more convenient to use than percolators.
But again, people have different tastes, and we can’t deny the fact that there are people who love their coffee strong. And if you’re a certified coffee lover, you’d appreciate percolated coffee.
We presume that you’re one of those people who love bold coffee blends. And for that, we’d like to share our best Farberware coffee percolators.
Table of Contents
Best Farberware Coffee Makers
The Farberware FCP240 is a small capacity percolator perfect for a small family or group of people. This percolator is relatively quick as it can brew a cup per minute.
The stainless steel exterior is not just for aesthetics but for durability as well. The cool-touch lid knob and handle prevents you from having accidental burns.
It also has an automatic keep warm feature, so your leftover drink maintains its temperature. And if you need to pour out contents, you can easily detach the power cord for safety and convenience.
- Sturdy stainless steel material
- Quick brewing
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Makes aromatic and stronger brewed coffee
- Small quantity
The Farberware FCP280 is perfect for a family of 5 or more as it can make a strong coffee brew for 2 to 8 cups. And you’ll be amazed at how it can brew coffee quickly at a rate of a cup per minute.
It’s made of stainless steel body and coffee filter. This feature ensures that your Farberware percolator will last.
Leftover coffee? No worries as the Farberware FC280 has an auto keep warm feature to maintain your coffee hot for later consumption.
- Durable stainless steel materials
- Percolates more coffee (up to 8 cups)
- Keeps coffee warm
- Convenient to use and clean
- Quick percolation
- Produces robust aroma and coffee flavour
- May get slow if percolating the maximum 8 cups capacity.
The Farberware FCP412 is a large capacity electric percolator. It can percolate 2 to 12 cups, which is excellent for extended families.
It is made from the same sturdy stainless steel materials used in other Farberware percolator models, so it guarantees durability. The cool-touch handle and lid knob ensure that you’re safe from burns.
The Farberware FCP412 has a large capacity, so there’s a possibility of having leftover coffee. Don’t worry as the keep warm feature will maintain your coffee hot.
- High-quality materials
- Keeps coffee hot
- Convenient to use
- Easy to clean
- Makes strong coffee taste
- Would be better if there’s an automatic shut off feature when things get hot
3 Alternatives for Farberware Coffee Makers
Want more products to compare with Farberware coffee makers? We’re glad to show you some of the possible alternatives for Farberware.
Let’s check them out and have some sort of comparison.
The Mixpresso electric coffee percolator is perfect for serving a large group of people. It has a stylish design that looks great on any kitchen countertop.
- Indicator light lets you know that your coffee is ready
- Stainless steel parts guarantee durability
- Large-capacity percolator
- Keeps leftover coffee warm
- Detachable cord for easy serving
- The glass-like lid knob is prone to breaking.
The Hamilton Beach 12-cup electric percolator has durable stainless steel parts. It has great functions like the twist-off lid, indicator lights, and gently keeps coffee warm.
- Large-capacity percolator
- The detachable cord is excellent for tabletop serving
- Twist off lid preserves the coffee aroma
- Light indicator signals that brewing is done
- Classy aesthetics
- Makes great-tasting strong coffee
- The water level window gets cloudy and coffee-stained.
Aside from its elegant hotel-style design, the Presto 12-cup electric percolator is well designed to provide not just convenience but full functionality as well.
- Elegant and durable design
- Brews rich coffee
- Easy to clean
- Stay cool handle keeps your hand from burning
- Keeps your coffee hot
- Difficulty in opening the lid
Buyers Guide For Farberware Coffee Makers
Percolators often are confused or mixed with Moka Pot or Stovetop espresso maker. If you are looking for something like that, then check out our Best Stovetop Espresso Maker article.
Electric percolators are generally cheaper than most drip coffee makers due to the simple construction. Price may vary a little depending on materials used and size.
Electric percolators come in different brew sizes. Determine if you need to serve a lot of people so may consider a bigger size percolator.
A smaller brew size will be ideal if you have a few coffee drinkers at home. On the other hand, considering a larger size percolator is an advantage when people go over for a visit.
Electric percolators offer more convenience than those stovetop models. But electric percolators vary in brewing time.
You may want a quick percolator, so you don’t’ have to wait longer to enjoy the coffee.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Farberware coffee maker work?
The Farberware works like any other percolators. The water in the carafe is heated, and as the pressure builds up, the boiling water goes up to the percolator tube to the spreader, and then the coffee grounds.
The coffee grounds are steeped, and the brewed coffee goes back down to the rest of the water. Some of the boiling water bubbles up, touching the base of the coffee filter basket.
This process further steeps the coffee creating a more potent brew. This cycle repeats until the heat is removed from the percolator.
How do you make coffee in a Farberware coffee maker?
The process of making coffee in a Farberware electric percolator is simple.
- Pour in the desired amount of water in the carafe.
- Install the inner percolator assembly.
- Put in the right amount of ground coffee.
- Plugin the electric percolator and turn it on.
- Wait for the brewing cycle to finish.
- Serve the coffee and enjoy it.
How much coffee do you use for 12 cups of Farberware?
Based on the Farberware instructions manual, a cup of is equal to 5 fl oz of water and one standard coffee measure is equivalent to 2 level tablespoons. So 12 cups of Farberware would need 24 tablespoons of coffee.
How do I clean my Farberware coffee maker?
After every use, Farberware requires cleaning and maintenance.
- Make sure to unplug the percolator, detach the cord, and let it cool.
- Remove inner parts and dispose of the used ground coffee.
- Wash the internal components (filter, tube, and spreader) with water and detergent and rinse thoroughly.
- Wash percolator with water and soap then rinse. (Don’t immerse the base unit in water)
- Make sure no coffee grounds are dislodge in any parts.
- Dry and store.