Are you looking forward to owning a DeLonghi coffee maker?
That means you can sense quality!
DeLonghi’s are well known and despite their price tag, they deliver high-quality coffee brew.
Below you will find 4 DeLonghi’s best coffee makers and as a bonus, we’ve included 3 alternatives so you can compare, and see how they stack up against each other and competitors.
But there’s more! To come up with the smart decision, you will need a little insight into some essential factors needed when considering the best DeLonghi espresso maker. We cover them in our buyers further down.
But now, let’s take it step by step!
The 4 Best DeLonghi Coffee Makers To Consider!
DeLonghi EC155M Manual Espresso Machine
- 15 bars of pressure
- Cup warmer
- Stainless steel boiler
- Heat up time: 45 seconds
- Can use ground coffee and pods
- 35 fl oz (1 L) removable water tank capacity
- Steam wand
- Twin brewing cycle
- Dimensions: 12.20 x 19.30 x 15.00 inches (31 x 49 x 38 cm)
- Weight: 6.68 lbs (3 kg)
The DeLonghi EC155M is a versatile espresso machine. It can brew using ground coffee or E.S.E. (Easy Serving Espresso) pods for convenience.
Do you love latte and cappuccino? This machine has a swivel jet frother that makes creamy froth for your favorite coffee drinks.
The self-priming operation makes a quick coffee drink so you can start enjoying the drink in less than a minute waiting time. Best of all, the unit is easy to clean and maintain.
- Makes great-tasting espresso
- The removable tank is easy to clean
- The built-in frother does its job well
- Easy to operate
- Versatile for having two options of coffee brewing (ground coffee and E.S.E. pods)
- Quick brewing time
- It has a very short clearance for the cup to fit in the machine.
If you’re looking for an affordable and versatile espresso machine that can use both coffee grounds and E.S.E. pods, then the DeLonghi EC155 Espresso and Cappuccino Maker could be a top contender.
Delonghi EC680M Dedica 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine
- 15-bar pressure
- Manual milk frother
- 3-in-1 filter unit for the single espresso shot, double espresso, and easy-serve pods
- 34 oz (1 L) removable water tank
- 35-second heat up time
- Removable bottom tray
- Stainless steel body
- Auto shut off
- Dimensions: 12.99 x 5.9 x 12.99 inches (33 x 15 x 33 cm)
- Weight: 9.3 lbs (4.2 kg)
The DeLonghi EC680M Dedica uses a 15-bar pump that creates full-bodied espresso blends. The 3-in-1 filter lets you choose from single espresso, double espresso, and easy-serve espresso pods.
The Dedica is slim and has a small footprint, but it has a robust construction. The stainless steel body makes it an elegant looking Espresso machine.
The removable bottom tray lets you fit in taller mugs. The detachable water tank has a reasonably large capacity and is easy to clean.
- Makes barista-style espresso shots
- Small footprint
- Variable settings
- Easy to use and clean
- Milk frother does its job well
- Quick brewing
- Elegant aesthetics
- The boiler is prone to overheat but can quickly be resolved by letting some hot water flow out from the wand.
For the small footprint, great espresso blends, and versatility, the DeLonghi Dedica could be an excellent partner with your daily coffee needs.
DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless
- 15-bar pump pressure
- Automatic self-priming
- 44 F.L. oz (1.3 L) removable water tank
- Water level indicator
- Use easy-serve espresso pods or ground coffee
- Two separate thermostats
- Dimensions: 11.02 x 9.06 x 11.61 inches (28 x 23 x 29.5 cm)
- Weight: 11.5 lbs (5.2 kg)
The DeLonghi EC702 can pull single and double espresso shots. But for convenience’s sake, you can always use easy-serve espresso pods.
When it comes to the milk frother, it works pretty well. It heats up at the right temperature and produces a good amount of foam.
The water reservoir is quite big, so you don’t have to refill it frequently. Additionally, the water level indicator lets you know how much water is left in the tank.
- Stainless steel parts and finish
- Can use either coffee grounds or E.S.E. pods for convenience
- Easy to use
- Large capacity water tank
- Produces a decent amount of foam
- Small footprint
- Doesn’t have the automatic shut off feature
Whether you want espresso using ground coffee or easy-serve pods(for convenience), the DeLonghi EC702 does its job decently. With the DeLonghi EC702, you can enjoy cafe-style coffee at the comfort of your home.
DeLonghi ESAM04110S Magnifica Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- Integrated burr grinder
- 13 adjustable grind settings
- Manual frother
- Twin brewing cycle
- 60-second heat up time
- 60 F.L. oz (1.8 L) removable water tank capacity
- 7.1 oz (0.2 kg) bean hopper capacity
- Dimensions: 15.7 x 13.6 x 19.3 inches (40 x 34.5 x 49 cm)
- Weight: 27 lbs (12.2 kg)
The DeLonghi Magnifica features a One-Touch operation with different programming options. Though the default settings make fairly decent espresso blends, learning how to configure the machine maximizes its functionalities to make you delicious customized coffee drinks.
Want freshly ground coffee? No problem as it has a built-in burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings to get the right grind size you want.
And if you don’t feel like grinding your beans, you can always use pre-ground coffee using the second chamber.
Do you love cappuccino? The DeLonghi Magnifica features a rapid cappuccino system so you can brew cup after cup instantly without waiting.
- Customizable brew settings
- Easy to use control panel
- Instant reheat function allows no waiting between cups
- Programmable menu settings
- Dishwasher safe parts for easy cleanup
- Removable milk container
- Height-adjustable coffee spouts
- Five coffee strength options with 3 cup size options
The DeLonghi Magnifica may have a high upfront cost, but the satisfaction it brings to making barista-style coffee might go beyond your expectations. Moreover, having your own DeLonghi Magnifica at home will save you money in the long run rather than frequenting coffee shops.
Anything Better Then DeLonghi Coffee Maker?
There is some nice competition, both performance and price-wise. While the DeLonghi espresso machine will not let you down, it is advised to have a thorough research before getting one.
Let’s take a look at 3 of DeLonghi competitors.
Philips 3200 Series Fully Automatic Espresso Machine w/ Milk Frother
- Built-in flat burr ceramic grinder
- 12-step grinder adjustment
- Aqua Clean water filter
- Milk frother
- Automatic shutoff feature
- 1.8 L front loading slide-out water reservoir
- Makes four coffees with one-touch buttons
- Three aroma strength settings
- Three temperature settings
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 17 x 14.5 inches (24.1 x 43.1 x 36.8 cm)
- Weight: 20.3 lbs (9.2 kg)
The Philips 3200 Series coffee machine is built with convenience in mind. It is fully automatic and with dedicated coffee buttons to prepare your cappuccino blends with a single touch of a button.
You can set up a program for your drink that includes adjustable strength and temperature options. And the milk frother is another built-in convenience.
- Aqua Clean filter eliminates the descaling maintenance of your unit
- Easy to fill large capacity removable water reservoir
- Bypass doser lets you use pre-ground coffee
- One-touch operation
- Adjustable cup clearance
- Easy to fill bean hopper
Convenience and great-tasting barista-style coffee at the comfort of your home are the greatest things you’d get for having a Philips Series 3200 at home.
Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker Cafe Barista
- 15-bar pump system
- One-Touch control panel
- 55 F.L. oz (1.6 L) removable water tank capacity
- Automatic milk frother
- Adjustable cup tray
- Removable milk jug
- Dimensions: 11.22 x 8.86 x 12.6 inches (28.5 x 22.5 x 32 cm)
- Weight: 10.37 lbs (4.7 kg)
Cafe Barista from Mr. Coffee makes it easy! Get your cappuccino or latte with just a touch of a button. It’s fully automatic, but you could also customize your favorite coffee blend.
- Easy to use
- Large capacity water tank
- Removable water reservoir and milk jug for easy cleaning
- Automatic milk frothing
- Small footprint
- Cannot accommodate taller cups despite its adjustable cup tray
If you’re a regular espresso drinker and want an affordable espresso maker, then Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista could be the answer to your daily espresso cravings.
Breville the Barista Express Espresso Machine, BES870XL
- Built-in conical burr grinder
- Milk wand
- 15-bar pump
- Bean hopper capacity: 0.5 lbs (0.22 kg)
- Water tank capacity: 67 FL oz (1.9 L)
- Dose-control grinding
- Dimensions: 12 x 11 x 13.5 inches (30 x 28 x 34 cm)
- Weight: 23 lbs (10.4 kg)
The Breville Barista Express is a versatile espresso maker that will let you bring out the barista in you. It has an adequate amount of controls from grinding to extracting espresso shots.
- It has a hot water dispenser
- The Clean Me light reminds you of the next cleaning cycle
- Create cafe-style espresso in minutes
- Sleek design
- Easy to operate
- Heavy (needs a sturdy and permanent place on your counter space)
Overall, the Breville Barista Express is a great home espresso maker. It has a wide range of features and though it may be pricey, it is still considered a sound investment.
Looking for more alternatives? How about some from the Best Braun Coffee Makers?
Buyers Guide For DeLonghi Coffee Maker
As part of the purchasing decision, one would need a specific guide to come up with the best judgment. That’s why we included this buyers’ guide to learn about some of the essential factors to consider before making a DeLonghi purchase.
Do you intend to use your DeLonghi espresso machine at home or in the office? If you want to purchase a coffee machine for office use, you must consider its durability.
Fortunately, DeLonghi coffee machines are built to last. You might as well consider a user-friendly coffee machine if you intend to use it in the office.
This way, anyone can easily use the coffee machine. A user-friendly coffee maker is also advantageous at home, especially when you have guests who love to enjoy coffee.
Kitchen Counter Space
One common problem when purchasing an espresso machine is the counter space in your kitchen. If you have limited counter space, then try to consider something with a smaller footprint.
You may also want to consider your hanging cabinet’s clearances if you intend to put your DeLonghi espresso machine below. So, before heading to the store, it is recommended to check the measurement of the spot where you plan to put your DeLonghi espresso maker.
On Cappuccinos and Lattes
Do you love cappuccinos and lattes? If so, then try to consider a machine that has an integrated milk frother.
If by any chance, you can’t have a machine with milk frother due to space limitations, then you might have to consider purchasing a separate milk frother.
With or Without Grinder?
Do you need a built-in grinder? If you already have a grinder at home, you won’t probably need a DeLonghi espresso machine with a built-in grinder.
But still, the convenience of having a built-in grinder is always an advantage.
Sometimes, novice coffee enthusiasts wouldn’t mind using pre-ground coffee. And for convenience, some might consider the more expensive but mess-free easy-serve espresso pods.
Automatic or Manual?
Do you love convenience? Well, who wouldn’t? If you prefer comfort, you might as well pick the automatic espresso maker.
You just push a few buttons and presto, your espresso is ready to serve.
On the other hand, if you don’t mind doing some extra work, and would want to customize the drinks, then a manual machine would be preferable.
The sleek design is appealing to the eyes, but it doesn’t mean it will always complement any kitchen design. So, check if your DeLonghi pick will perfectly complement your kitchen’s interior design.
One of the most important factors to consider is the price. You may have loved all the features of your best pick for a DeLonghi coffee maker, but if you don’t have the right budget, it could be frustrating.
So to avoid such frustrations, it is recommended to determine first your budget and stick with it. Or better yet, delay your purchase and be patient in saving more money for your dream DeLonghi espresso machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is DeLonghi a good brand?
Yes. DeLonghi is a good brand tracing its over 100 years of expertise in big and small home appliances. DeLonghi is also famous for the great designs of its products.
Which DeLonghi coffee machine is the best?
Each DeLonghi coffee machine that we reviewed were all deserving to be the best. But yes, you can’t pick them all.
The top DeLonghi coffee machine would be the one that best suits your coffee needs. You might also refer to the buyers’ guide so you would weigh some factors to consider.
Who is DeLonghi owned by?
The company is owned by the De’Longhi family, which is established in 1902. DeLonghi started as a manufacturing shop for small industrial parts.
Throughout the years, DeLonghi acquired or bought perpetual rights to manufacture other brands. Some famous brands that DeLonghi acquired are Kenwood and Braun.
The company is also known for the popular Arista Series Espresso machines and the Esclusivo line of kitchen appliances.