Do you feel like having a cold coffee today?
Maybe the weather’s too hot for you to have a warm cup of Joe. But even if the weather’s cold, there are numerous reasons to consider cold-brewed coffee.
How nice it is to feel that iced cold and bitter-sweet cold brew coffee running down your throat. Adding fresh milk would make it creamier. Refreshing isn’t it?
Sad to say, you don’t have a cold coffee brewer at home.
But the good news is, you’re just a few down arrow key clicks away from our list of the best cold brew coffee makers.
And just because we love to help people like you, we’d help you pick the best coffee cold brewer that fits your needs in the buyers’ guide part of this article.
7 Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers
A cold brew requires patience to extract the full flavor of the coffee. It takes at least 12 to 24 hours to finish steeping.
But the result is a strong, yet smooth coffee flavor. Best of all, it has a low acidity.
So, let’s find the best cold brew coffee maker for you.
The Takeya Cold Brew Coffee Maker is leak-proof with its airtight lid. It’s a nice feature because you can lay it down sideways inside your refrigerator.
Fine grounds can make any brew muddy, and that leaves a bitter aftertaste. It’s a good thing the fine mesh keeps the fine grounds from your brew.
Handling is easy with its slip-free silicone handle. The handle also provides better control when pouring out contents.
The shatter-resistant pitcher keeps away any worries for accidental hard bumps. And if you want a hot coffee brew, the BPA-free pitcher can withstand boiling water.
- Easy to use and clean
- Mud-free steeping
- Not prone to staining and clouding
- Versatile with its ability to make both hot and cold brew
- Durable pitcher
- The plastic pitcher is a turn-off to health-conscious people
The OXO Brew cold brew coffee maker has a separate steeping container and carafe. The rainmaker top distributes water evenly over the ground coffee.
Instead of pouring out the brewed coffee to the carafe, a release switch gives you better control of the draining step. The borosilicate carafe has a stopper to keep coffee fresh inside the fridge.
The measurement markings of the BPA-free carafe allows you to prepare accurate cups. And best of all, you may also use the glass carafe in measuring the water for brewing.
- Long-lasting ultrafine stainless steel mesh filter
- Comes with 10 free paper filters
- Convenient brew-release switch
- Easy to clean
- Carafe and steeping container easily nest together when not in use
- Can brew hot or cold coffee
- Brewing container is made of plastic
- Takes up a lot of space
The Ovalware RJ3 is designed for a perfect cold brew experience. The stainless steel airtight cap and the fine filter adds to the quality of its design.
The thick borosilicate glass has precise measurement markings for accurate steeping in terms of water to ground coffee ratio. The handle is ergonomically designed for better handling, especially when pouring out the brew.
A glass carafe is prone to breakage, but Ovalware designed the RJ3 with this in mind. To minimize the risk of breakage, a non-slip rubber base is added.
- Rust-proof stainless-steel lid and filter
- Accurate measurement markings
- BPA-free silicone airtight lid seal
- Easy to clean and use
- Carafe height is designed to perfectly fit inside the refrigerator
- Versatile for brewing hot or cold
- Can be used for brewing tea
- Fine sediments pass through the filter
The OXO Compact is similar to its bigger brother OXO Brew Cold Brew coffee maker. But the OXO Compact is smaller and doesn’t have the stand that holds the top brewer.
The automatic drain brewer starts pouring the concoction once it is put on top of the glass decanter. It doesn’t have a brew release switch of the bigger OXO Brew.
Its compactness makes it a great cold brewer. Both the brewing container and glass decanter fit inside the refrigerator.
You can start brewing another batch right after emptying the brewer giving you an endless supply of smooth, concentrated cold coffee infusion.
- Compact size doesn’t take much space of your kitchen countertop
- Easily finds space inside the refrigerator
- Convenient to use with the automatic drain brewer
- Brews on a countertop or directly inside the refrigerator
- Cork stopper keeps the cold brew fresh inside the fridge
- Parts nest together in one piece for compact storage
- Rainmaker distributes water evenly
- The filter keeps sediments from the brew
- Easy to clean and disassemble
- The carafe is stout and is not easy to handle, especially when pouring out content
- Flavor-locking lid preserves aroma and coffee taste
- Easy to clean
- The pitcher has a bottom silicon protection
- Extra capacity pitcher gives you more brew, which helps save time
- Heavy-duty borosilicate pitcher
- Easy handling
- Comes with a cold brew recipe book
- Mesh filter has a removable bottom screw cap for convenient cleaning
- Versatile for brewing coffee, tea, and making fruit infusions
- The deep and slim nylon mesh filter makes it hard to stir the brewing coffee grounds
If you’re a fan of the Starbuck’s Nitro Coffee, then you know what the Growlerwerks uKeg is all about. It produces cold brew coffee infused with tiny nitrogen bubbles that look like foam, just as you would see in a beer.
The keg is double-walled and vacuum-sealed for keeping your coffee cold all day. It contains 12 cups of cold coffee good to last for days or even a week (depending on how many cups you consume daily).
The regulator cap is good at maintaining pressure, which helps keep your brew fresh for weeks. It serves as effective coffee storage so you can have fresh nitro coffee anytime you want it.
- Save money on retail cost of a cup of nitro coffee
- Enjoy nitro coffee anytime at the convenience of your home
- Bring the keg anywhere and keeps the brew cold all-day
- Double filtration system prevents clogging of ground coffee
- Lifetime technical support
- Allows you to brew from a separate container and pour it in the uKeg
- Professional quality nitro coffee
- Bulky to put inside the fridge
- Great aesthetic
- Save money on retail price
- Enjoy nitro coffee with family, friends, and co-workers
- Lifetime warranty
- Great for picnics
- Bulky (Not designed to keep inside the fridge)
Buyers Guide for Cold Brew Makers
Are you still confused about what could be the best cold brew maker for you? Worry not for we got your back.
In this section, we’ll help you spot the considerations to look for when choosing the right cold brew maker that perfectly fits your needs. Now let’s get going.
We’d like to consider the budget as the top consideration. Why? It could be frustrating when you finally picked your best choice only to find out that the price is out of your budget.
So, before you look for the best cold brew coffee maker determine your budget. And don’t go beyond what amount you set.
Would you be serving coffee just for yourself, or you’d be sharing with other family members? Do you have frequent visitors or friends who you’d like to share cups of cold brew Joe?
Whether you’re serving single, or for more persons, it is recommended to pick the larger capacity brewer. You don’t have to buy different sized brewers.
Did you know, that you can use French Press coffee ground for cold brew? Here is the list of the best coffee grinders for French Press.
Convenience can be anything like the ease of use, easy to clean, and most of all, easy to operate. The more convenient a brewer to use, the better.
Your countertop space is an important factor to consider. Towering cold coffee brewer will not fit on low hanging cupboards.
Your refrigerator space is also a good thing to consider. Cold brew coffee makers are often kept in refrigerators to maintain freshness.
Check to see if the size of your chosen coffee maker will fit in your kitchen space and refrigerator. If the coffee maker will not fit in your brewing space, then it’s not a good buy.
Lastly, the most important factor to consider is the result. Does the cold brew coffee maker produce delicious coffee concoction?
At the end of the day, you’ll always want a smooth, balanced, and great-tasting cold coffee brew that will satisfy your cravings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need special coffee for cold brew?
No. You don’t need special coffee for cold brew. But that depends on how coffee snob you are.
You only need a fresh coarsely ground coffee. Give it enough time to brew, and you’ll have a great tasting cold cup of Joe anytime you want it.
Do you need a cold brew coffee maker?
Most people would argue that you don’t need a cold brew coffee maker. Maybe they got a lot of time cleaning up a separate jar, and a transferring container for their cold brew coffee.
If you’re a busy person and time is important, then you need a cold brew coffee maker. Additionally, having one provides you with great convenience.
With the cold brew coffee maker, you don’t have to use two separate containers to clean up. That would be great, isn’t it?
How does a cold brew coffee maker work?
A cold brew coffee maker works in a very simple process. The idea is to brew ground coffee without using hot water.
The process is simple and straightforward. You put ground coffee in the filter and pour in the right amount of room temperature filtered water.
Cold brewing takes time to extract the flavor. It takes 12 to 24 hours of steeping time, but the result is a smooth and less acidic concentrated concoction.
You can mix the brew with cold water or ice, and adding milk makes it creamy. The cold brew lasts for 2 weeks inside the refrigerator.
With this, you can enjoy cold-brewed Joe anytime you want it.
What are the best cold brew coffee makers?
While it depends on the circumstances. Like how much of cold brew you intend to consume and where you will be brewing it (i.e. do you have enough space in the fridge).
And then there is also the option of nitro cold brew. That spices up the game of choosing the best one.
But all in all, we think OXO Brew Cold Brew Coffee Maker or its Compact version are great choices. But we really can’t say no to nitro brew systems from Growlerwerks or Royal Brew.