Who says the traditional way of brewing coffee is already behind the times? We say, when brewing coffee, the conventional approach is still favored and will continue its popularity, especially among coffee enthusiasts around the world.
And we have you as proof because you’re probably here looking the best coffee percolator to satisfy your daily coffee cravings. And the best thing about coffee percolators is that they are affordable brewers.
On the other hand, the coffee percolator is not for everyone. Why? Because the process of percolating coffee is not time efficient.
Therefore, it’s not ideal for business setup as removal of used coffee grounds and cleanup is a tedious task. However, for most coffee aficionados, the taste of the percolated coffee is most important.
Moreover, the aroma of coffee is intense, and if you love the smell of coffee in early mornings, you will fall in love with a coffee percolator. By the way, going back to your search for the best percolator, you’ve come to the right page as we have reviews of the top coffee percolators.
We also include a buyer’s guide to help you with your buying decision. Aren’t you excited yet?
Why don’t you scroll down the page, and we’ll guide you to finding the best coffee percolator?
9 Best Coffee Percolators
The Farberware classic stovetop Yosemite percolator is made of sturdy stainless steel that makes it a long-lasting coffee maker. It holds 12 cups of rich and full-flavored percolated coffee to satisfy your caffeine cravings.
It has a permanent filter basket, so there’s no need for you to use paper filters. This feature is excellent for the environment and helps you save money as well.
The transparent glass knob allows you to see when percolation starts and ends. The black hard plastic handle is ergonomically designed for comfortable handling.
Cleaning is a breeze as the entire coffee pot, including internal parts, are dishwasher-safe. This feature provides additional convenience to its users.
- It has sturdy stainless steel materials that last a lifetime.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It’s dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- Large capacity brewer
- It has a non-reactive interior that keeps water from absorbing bad odor and taste.
- It makes great coffee.
- It has some issues with the glass knob breaking because of a too tight lid.
Hey! We got more from Farberware, take a look at Best Farberware Coffee Maker.
The Presto 02822 stainless steel percolator makes 6 cups of great-tasting and aromatic coffee. It requires electricity, so it’s convenient to use anywhere with a power outlet.
It’s small and lightweight, so it’s portable and ideal for use in RVs, hotel vacations, at home or in the office. You can quickly tell when it finishes percolation with its built-in indicator light.
It has an automatic keep-warm function, so your leftover coffee will stay warm for some time. The cool touch plastic knob and handle keeps your hand safe.
It also has a drip-free spout design, so your coffee pours out into your cup and not on your countertop. The power cord is detachable for easy cleanup and storage.
- Sturdy stainless steel carafe and internal parts
- Compact and lightweight
- The keep-warm function keeps coffee hot
- Elegant design
- The indicator light tells you when the brew is ready.
- Easy to clean
- It’s quite small and would not be ideal for a large group of people.
The Cuisinart PRC-12 is a large capacity percolator, which is ideal for heavy coffee drinkers or a large group of people. You can also make as few as 4 cups of great-tasting coffee.
The transparent plastic knob allows you to see when the percolation process begins. It is exciting to see how the coffee brews, and you can hear it making a “perk-perk” sound.
The cool-touch handle has an ergonomic design that protects your hand from burns and to pour out coffee comfortably. The stay-cool bottom makes it safe to put on any surface.
And when the coffee’s ready, the indicator light illuminates as if inviting you to take your first cup. The detachable cord makes it easy to clean and store.
The stainless steel construction makes it a long-lasting carafe.
- It has a large-capacity coffee percolator
- It has a cool-touch knob and a handle for hand and finger protection
- It has a long-lasting stainless steel pot.
- Makes great-tasting percolated coffee
- Easy to clean and use
- Beautiful aesthetics
- The transparent plastic knob is prone to breaking.
The first thing you will notice with the Moss & Stone electric coffee percolator is its shiny copper finish. It makes it attractive and durable.
The stainless coffee filter set and the lid also adds to its reliability. The transparent lid knob is made of glass and not hard plastic.
It also features a ready-to-serve indicator light that tells you when it’s time to get a cup. The automatic keep-warm function starts as soon as the brewing ends, maintaining your coffee piping hot.
It’s compact considering its 10-cup capacity, so you can transport it easily when you go to the office or on some hotel vacations. The 10 cup capacity is enough to serve the whole family and is ideal for people who drink a lot of coffee.
- Spill-free traditional spout design
- It has a durable glass knob.
- The copper finish gives it an elegant aesthetic.
- It keeps coffee hot with the automatic keep-warm function.
- It serves a good number of family members and friends.
- It’s compact and lightweight.
- It has a detachable power cord for easy cleaning, storing, and transporting.
- It could be better if it has an on/off switch at least.
The Primula Today works on almost any heat source, which makes it a versatile percolator. It is made of aluminum, which is a lightweight but sturdy kind of metal.
The transparent plastic lid knob serves as a window so you can see when the percolating process begins. The stay-cool black plastic handle allows you to comfortably handle the percolator while protecting your hands from the hot metal pot.
It’s compact and lightweight, so it’s not just great for home use but also for the outdoors.
- Lightweight and sturdy construction.
- It has a traditional and classic design, bringing you into nostalgia.
- It makes a good amount of coffee for several people.
- It works on virtually any heat source, making an excellent coffee maker for travel.
- It’s easy to clean and use.
- It makes delicious coffee.
- You need to be extra careful with the plastic knob on the lid as it’s prone to breaking.
The GSI Outdoors 8 cups is an enamel-coated steel percolator that works in almost any heat source. The serves a hefty amount of coffee for the whole family or a group of friends.
It is convenient to use and easy to clean. The transparent plastic knob on the lid allows you to monitor the percolation process.
The handle is also made of enameled steel, making it sturdier than most percolators with plastic grip. What’s great about this GSI Outdoors percolator is it comes in different colors.
You can choose from five different colors of black, blue, cream, green, and red. Having these color choices allows you to pick one that matches your personality or something that matches your kitchen’s interior design.
- It’s made of sturdy materials.
- It comes in various colors.
- Can be used with different heat sources
- Easy to use and clean
- Classic design
- Enamelware is non-stick, so the coffee stain doesn’t cling inside the pot.
- Aluminum parts are too thin and are prone to bending.
The Coleman 12-cup stainless steel percolator is a sturdy and long-lasting coffee maker. It doesn’t have any plastic parts so that it can last a lifetime.
It has a classic design that will remind you of the old days. The polished stainless steel body is easy to clean by just wiping it with a soft cloth.
The filter set is also made of stainless steel metal, so it doesn’t easily bend like the aluminum ones. The transparent glass dome knob allows you to view the percolation process.
- It’s made of strong and long-lasting materials.
- It’s compact and lightweight, making it ideal for travel or the outdoors.
- It has a nice old school design.
- It’s easy to clean and maintain.
- It doesn’t have any plastic parts.
- The welded stainless steel handle can be hot and could be better if wrapped with wood or silicon for insulation.
The GSI Glacier stainless steel percolator can brew 12 cups of great-tasting coffee. It is made of 18/8 stainless steel materials, so it’s sturdy and rust-resistant.
The resin PercView Dome at the top of the lid allows you to witness the percolating process. You can quickly tell when the brewing process starts so you can monitor your brewing time.
The silicone handle ensures your hand’s safety. It’s compact and lightweight, making it a perfect choice for camping and other outdoor activities.
- Beautiful classic design
- It makes a delicious and strong coffee brew.
- It’s sturdy and built to last.
- Compact and lightweight
- It’s a large capacity brewer
- Easy to use and clean
- The resin PercView Dome needs extra care when pulled as it’s prone to breaking.
The Bozeman percolator is built for the outdoors, but it doesn’t mean it can’t be used at home. It has a large capacity coffee pot ideal for a large group of campers or a big family.
It’s designed to withstand extreme weather conditions and built with thick stainless steel materials. It has no plastic and aluminum parts, so it food-safe and will last a lifetime.
The glass cover knob serves as your window to the percolation process going on inside the coffee pot. It’s made of tempered glass so you can be sure of its durability.
The handle stays cool with its wooden handle, making your hands and fingers safe from burning. Paper filters are unnecessary, but the product comes with 20 free filters if you don’t want any grit in your coffee cup.
- No aluminum and plastic parts
- Can last a lifetime with its sturdy materials
- Great nostalgic aesthetics
- Large-capacity coffee pot
- Easy to clean and use
- Compact and lightweight
- The wood attached to the handle may soon wear out when exposed to water and soap frequently.
Buyers Guide For Coffee Percolator
How Much Coffee do you Need Daily?
Coffee percolators come in different sizes, some serve for only a few people, and some serve a crowd. Your percolator’s capacity is an essential consideration as you would want to brew just the right amount of coffee for your daily needs.
If you have a large family with heavy coffee drinkers, you might need to consider a 12-cup percolator. On the other hand, if you only have few companions who drink coffee, a smaller capacity percolator is all you need.
Electric or Stovetop Percolator?
Do you want an electric or stovetop percolator? Electric percolators are more convenient to use, but you lack control over the brewing process.
Once the electric percolator starts the brewing process, you’ll just have to wait for it to finish. You cannot extend the brewing time, unlike with the stovetop ones.
Additionally, electric percolators won’t work on places without power, so literally, you can’t bring them on camping unless you have RVs or any other power source. They don’t last long as well because the heating element may sooner or later fail.
On the other hand, stovetop percolators can work in almost any heat source, making them more versatile. You can also prolong your percolation process by extending the brewing time, resulting in a more flavorful brew.
Stovetop percolators, especially those made of sturdy stainless steel materials, can last a lifetime.
Aluminum, Stainless Steel, or Enamelware?
Aluminum percolators are sturdy and lightweight, making them ideal for camping. They can also last a lifetime, although aluminum is prone to bending, especially if made thinly.
A slight bend in any aluminum material used in the filter set may affect the percolating process, especially in the percolating tube.
Stainless steel, on the other hand, is a more durable and harder material. But functionality may degrade if mixed with plastic parts.
Hard plastics may last long, but when exposed to prolonged heat, they may turn brittle and sooner break, affecting the functionality of the entire stainless steel percolator.
Enamelware percolator pots are made of steel coated with ceramic enamel. They are safe for cooking and are non-stick, so they are easy to clean like stainless steel.
What’s good about the enamelware percolator pots is that they can come in different colors. Therefore, you can choose a color that matches your personality or the design of your kitchen.
Coffee percolators are affordable and may have a narrow price range. But it’s always a good thing to set a budget for any purchase.
It’s always good to pick the one that has the features you need and matches your budget. Some percolators may have the same features but differ in price, so be vigilant about it and pick the cheaper one.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is percolator coffee better than drip?
It depends on a person’s coffee preference. But technically, more flavor and aroma are extracted in the percolation process than on drip coffee brewing.
So, a percolated coffee has a more potent aroma and coffee taste than drip coffee.
Which percolator makes the best coffee?
From our review, we’d go for the 47053 Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 12-Cup Coffee Percolator as the percolator that makes the best coffee.
Is percolated coffee the best?
It depends on how you want to prepare a coffee. There are coffee lovers who wish to taste drip coffee, and some coffee snobs would go for the more complicated espresso and other specialty coffee blends.
So the question of percolated coffee being the best will gather different answers from different coffee aficionados.
How do you make a good percolator coffee?
Making a good percolator coffee depends on how strong you want your brew. But technically, you can make a good one by following the steps below:
- Pour the desired amount of water in your percolator pot.
- Assemble the filter assembly and put a tablespoon of ground coffee for every cup of water you use in the pot.
- Turn on the heat and wait for the water to boil.
- When the water comes to a boil, lower the heat and wait until the water goes up the percolator tube.
- Wait for at least 8 to 10 minutes, depending on how strong you want your brew.
- Remove the pot from the heat source and let it settle for a few more minutes.
- Pour the percolated coffee in a cup and enjoy!