So I see you are looking for a quality coffee maker, right?
Since you are most likely heard about BUNN coffee makers or seen it at a friend’s place and they have said only the best things about them then we won’t hold you back for long.
If not so familiar with them then a super-quick history lesson:
Bunn-O-Matic Corporation was founded in 1957, and in 1963 they introduced their first automatic drip, coffee maker. In 1972 they started to produce first drip brew coffee maker for home use, thus half a century experience in this field gives them the required knowledge to compete on the highest level.
Alright, let’s get started.
Best Bunn Coffee Makers
Bunn has several coffee maker models, but we picked the best that you could use at home. Best of all, we picked the most functional and affordable just for you.
So let’s get going so you can find the best Bunn coffee maker that could change your coffee brewing experience forever.
RELATED: Pair your Bunn coffee maker with Best Burr Coffee Grinder or if on the budget then one from the Best Budget Coffee Grinders.
BUNN Heat N Brew Programmable Coffee Maker
- Has 10-cup capacity glass carafe
- Automatic warmer plate
- 1300 watts heater
- Features Heat N’ Brew Technology
- Drip-free carafe design
- Water indicator
- Digital clock
- Spray head
- Dimensions: 9.7 x 8.7 x 16.3 inches (24.6 x 22.1 x 41.4 cm)
- Weight: 8.5 lbs (3.9 kg)
The Bunn Heat N’ Brew model, as you can see, is packed with features. It has a large carafe that can brew more than enough for the whole family.
It is fully programmable so you can wake up in the morning with a warm brewed coffee waiting for you. The automatic warmer plate keeps the coffee warm, so you don’t have to worry about having lukewarm coffee if you snooze for a little bit more.
The water indicator lets you know how many cups to brew. You don’t need to always brew a whole 10-cup if you only need a few cups.
- Spray head help extracts a myriad of coffee flavors
- Heats the water within the ideal brewing temperature to avoid burnt coffee flavor
- Water indicator lets you know the water level for exact cup brewing
- Make as little as 4 cups to a full pot of coffee
- Carafe’s drip-free design has the cleanest pour in the market
- Quite slow to brew coffee. It takes 10 minutes to finish brewing.
The Bunn Heat N’ Brew model is a great coffee maker if you’ll focus on its functionality and features. The only flaw is the 10-minute brewing time, which is not a major problem.
Besides, the coffee maker is programmable, so you don’t need to wait for the brewing time. With great features and an affordable price, this Bunn coffee-maker could be your next brewing partner at home.
BUNN BX Speed Brew Classic
- 10 cups glass carafe capacity
- Porcelain-coated heating plate
- Great classic design
- Spray head feature
- Stainless steel internal tank
- Innovative carafe spout design
- Speed brewing feature
- Close and brew coffee maker lid design
- Dimensions: 13.80 x 7.10 x 14.30 inches (35 x 18 x 36.3 cm)
- Weight: 8 lbs (3.6 kg)
The Bunn Speed Brew Classic has all the features of a great coffee maker. This Bunn coffee maker has the speed brewing feature that makes your coffee in under 4 minutes.
The secret? The stainless steel internal tank keeps the water hot, so it’s always ready to brew.
Additionally, it has this unique lid design that serves as the on/off brewing switch. When you close the lid, the unit starts the brew and stops brewing when opened.
Another good feature of Speed Brew Classic is the carafe spout design. You’ll never have to worry about spilling coffee on the counter, isn’t that great?
- Easy to use and clean
- Brews in under 4 minutes
- Brews great-tasting coffee
- Drip-free carafe design
- You can choose to make 4 to 10 cups depending on your preference or need
- No auto shut-off feature
The Bunn Speed Brew is packed with great features, though it lacks programmability. But it doesn’t mean that this model is inferior.
If you’re looking for a full-featured Bunn coffeemaker without the perplex programming setup, then the Bunn Speed Brew could be the right Bunn model for you.
BUNN BT Velocity Brew
- Has 10 cups thermal carafe capacity
- Has the spray head feature for complete extraction of flavor
- Works efficiently even on high altitudes (5000 feet)
- Stainless steel internal water tank
- Close and brew lid design
- Has a vacation switch
- The thermal carafe has double-wall and vacuum insulation
The Bunn BT Velocity Brew has this distinct feature, which is the ability to work efficiently on high altitudes. What it has to do with coffee brewing?
In higher altitudes, the atmospheric pressure is lower, and so water has a lower boiling point. This means that the coffee maker can burn your coffee if it’s not designed for high altitude brewing.
You don’t want to have coffee with a burnt taste, do you?
- High-altitude brewing
- Quick brewing at under 4 minutes
- The thermal carafe can keep coffee within 150 degrees for more than 2 hours
- Easy to use
- Carafe pours cleanly
- The coffee maker is prone to overflow when using finely ground coffee. Because the Bunn BT Velocity brews quickly, the spray head supplies water quicker than it can flow down the fine ground coffee.
The BT Velocity has the same outstanding features as other Bunn coffee makers. If you’re not a fan of glass carafes for being prone to breakage, then this Bunn model is one good alternative for its thermal carafe.
Additionally, the thermal carafe is tried and tested to keep coffee warm for more than 2 hours.
BUNN GRB Velocity Brew
- Has a 10-cup capacity glass carafe
- Speed brew in under 4 minutes
- Anti-drip carafe design
- Spray head shower
- Has heating plate
- Large flat-bottomed filter and basket for superb flavor extraction
- Has the option to make at least 4 cups of brewed coffee
- Close and brew lid feature
- Dimensions: 14.8 x 7.1 x 13.8 inches (37.6 x 18 x 35 cm)
- Weight: 8 lbs (3.6 kg)
The Bunn GRB velocity brew is another quick brewer that has almost the same functions as the BT Velocity Brew. The difference is the glass carafe with a unique anti-drip design.
Additionally, the spray head shower can be replaced by a low-flow nozzle if you frequently use finely ground coffee. This option is to prevent overflow as this device is known to brew coffee very quickly.
Another great feature is the anti-drip carafe design. Most problems of coffee maker carafes are spout design that tends to spill coffee on your counter.
But with the Bunn GRB, you’ll no longer be wiping coffee spills on your countertops.
And we are quite sure, it is one of the best drip coffee makers.
- Fast brewing
- Has the option of brewing less than 10 cups
- Guarantees drip-free pouring of the carafe
- Replaceable spray showerhead
- Makes great-tasting coffee
- Prone to overflowing but can be fixed by replacing the spray showerhead
The GRB Velocity is a great coffee maker by Bunn. If you love the glass carafe and its drip-free spout design, then this coffee maker will probably delight your daily brewing task.
Best of all, this Bunn machine cost slightly under the $100 price range. So, if you intend to save some extra bucks for a fully functional coffee brewing machine, then the GRB could be your best Bunn pick.
3 Alternatives for Bunn Coffee Makers
It’s always good to have more alternatives. If you feel like you need more products to compare, then we’re giving you 3 more coffee makers that can be good alternatives for the Bunn products.
Let’s check them out and see if you can find something that suits your coffee brewing needs.
Capresso CM300 Coffee Maker
- 10-cup capacity double-walled stainless steel carafe
- Automatic shut off
- Charcoal water filter
- Goldtone coffee filter
- Removable water tank
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 10 x 13.75 inches (19 x 25.4 x 35 cm)
- Weight: 9.6 lbs (4.3 kg)
The Capresso CM300 is a highly functional coffee maker. It’s charcoal filter removes up to 82% of chlorine and other contaminants making your water safer to drink.
The goldtone coffee filter keeps sediments away from your brewed coffee. The CM300 also provides convenience for being programmable.
- Has a large capacity thermal carafe
- Programmable so you can have coffee ready at your set time
- Removable water tank makes it easier to clean
- Auto shut off is a great convenience so you won’t worry about forgetting to turn off the unit
- The thermal carafe keeps coffee hot for up to 4 hours
- The carafe doesn’t keep coffee hot for 4 hours as opposed to its advertisement
The CM300 is a great coffee maker overall. The good thing about it is being programmable.
And the best thing about it is its price. It’s a functional coffee maker that goes below the $100 price range.
So, if you’re looking for a budget coffee maker that does its job well, then the CM300 is a delight.
Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker
- 14 cup glass carafe
- 24-hour programmability
- Fully automatic with a self-clean feature
- Programmable to brew 1-4 cups
- Automatically shuts off after brewing
- Commercial-grade goldtone coffee filter
- Adjustable keep warm feature
- Selectable brew strength
- Dimensions: 7.75 x 9 x 14 inches (19.7 x 23 x 35.6 cm)
- Weight: 8.8 lbs (4 kg)
The Cuisinart Perfectemp is fully automatic and programmable. It’s the best feature of this coffee machine aside from making great-tasting brewed coffee.
It has a large 14 cups capacity, which is big enough for a gang of coffee lovers. But another nice thing about this coffee brewer is that you can program it to brew 1 to 4 cups of Joe.
This feature is great when you only have to serve a few people.
Cuisinart Perfecttemp also deserves to be mentioned as one of the best drip coffee maker.
- Large capacity carafe
- The convenience of a fully automatic and programmable brewer
- Adjustable warming feature prevents burnt coffee taste
- Easy to clean and use
- Makes great-tasting coffee
- Compact size
- Can select a strong brew
- It has an automatic drip-stop when you remove the carafe
- The warmer plate tends to flake off
What more could you ask for with the Cuisinart Perfectemp? It is feature-packed and makes delicious coffee enough for a whole team of basketball players including substitutes and the coach.
Sounds exaggerated but it’s true, right?
On top of these, the Cuisinart Perfectemp is very affordable. So, if you love its features and its very modest price, then this coffee brewer could be your best alternative option.
Ninja CE201 Programmable Coffee Maker
- 12-cup capacity glass carafe
- 1.8 L removable water reservoir
- Flavor straw
- Ninja XL showerhead
- Small batch function
- Mid-brew pause function
- Goldtone permanent coffee filter
- Accurate temperature heating plate
- Dimensions: 8.74 x 9.94 x 14.61 inches (22.2 x 25.2 x 37.1 cm)
The Ninja CE201 is another brewer full of features and innovations. One great innovation is the Flavor Straw feature, which circulates the coffee inside the carafe while brewing.
This feature balances the flavor and temperature of the entire brew giving you consistently hot and flavorful coffee. Brewing a whole pot can be inconvenient at times when you just need a cup of two.
But thanks to the Small Batch function, you can brew for a single cup up to 4 cups.
- Fully programmable with 24-hour delay brewing
- You can carry the removable reservoir to the sink for quick and easy refilling
- Warming plate keeps coffee hot for at least 4 hours
- The mid-brew-pause feature automatically pauses the brewing when you remove the carafe without any drips
- Goldtone coffee filter helps save money on disposable filters
The Ninja CE201 is another exemplary coffee maker with all the programmability features. When you speak of convenience, the Ninja CE201 can give you a ton of brewing comforts.
And comfort includes mess-free brewing. No drips and mess to wipe on the kitchen counter.
If you’re looking for convenience and affordability, then the Ninja CE201 could be your coffee brewing partner soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best Bunn coffee maker for home use?
The best coffee maker from Bunn will always depend on several factors. If you want a programmable coffee maker, then you could go for the Heat N’ Brew model for convenience.
Of course, expect some additional costs for the convenience. But if you want something at a lower price, and trade-off some programmability convenience, then the BX Speed Brew would be a great Bunn pick.
Don’t want a glass carafe? Going for the BT Velocity gives you the confidence of not breaking the carafe.
It has a double wall and insulated thermal carafe. Now, you don’t have to worry about breaking a glass carafe.
But if you want to go for the most affordable with the same functional coffee maker Bunn quality, then the GRB velocity is your best candidate.
Is a Bunn coffee maker worth it?
If we speak of quality, functionality, versatility, and affordability, then we could say that Bunn is a worthy coffee maker. Moreover, Bunn is an established company with more than a century of experience in doing business.
Do Bunn coffee makers need special filters?
Well, the company itself recommends Bunn coffee filters. Why? Not just because they want more of your money but also their filter is specially designed for the quick brewing Bunn machines.
Bunn filters are 1/4 inches taller than other coffee filters and this additional height prevents overflow. Additionally, Bunn coffee filters are designed to quickly let the water flow. This is again, due to the quick release of water from the spray head.
Why is my Bunn coffee maker so slow?
Bunn coffee makers are designed to be quick brewers. But when a Bunn brewer slows down, then it’s a sign that it needs cleaning.
Regular cleaning or descaling needs to be done to keep the Bunn brewers in good condition. As you use the machine, calcium deposits build-up due to hard water. These form scales and clogs the water lines inside the Bunn machine.