Since you are most likely heard about BUNN coffee makers or seen it at a friend’s place and they have said only the best things about them then we won’t hold you back for long.
If not so familiar with them then a super-quick history lesson:
Bunn-O-Matic Corporation was founded in 1957, and in 1963 they introduced their first automatic drip, coffee maker. In 1972 they started to produce first drip brew coffee maker for home use, thus half a century experience in this field gives them the required knowledge to compete on the highest level.
Alright, let’s get started.
Best Bunn Coffee Makers
Bunn has several coffee maker models, but we picked the best that you could use at home. Best of all, we picked the most functional and affordable just for you.
So let’s get going so you can find the best Bunn coffee maker that could change your coffee brewing experience forever.
The Bunn Heat N’ Brew model, as you can see, is packed with features. It has a large carafe that can brew more than enough for the whole family.
It is fully programmable so you can wake up in the morning with a warm brewed coffee waiting for you. The automatic warmer plate keeps the coffee warm, so you don’t have to worry about having lukewarm coffee if you snooze for a little bit more.
The water indicator lets you know how many cups to brew. You don’t need to always brew a whole 10-cup if you only need a few cups.
- Spray head help extracts a myriad of coffee flavors
- Heats the water within the ideal brewing temperature to avoid burnt coffee flavor
- Water indicator lets you know the water level for exact cup brewing
- Make as little as 4 cups to a full pot of coffee
- Carafe’s drip-free design has the cleanest pour in the market
- Quite slow to brew coffee. It takes 10 minutes to finish brewing.
The Bunn Speed Brew Classic has all the features of a great coffee maker. This Bunn coffee maker has the speed brewing feature that makes your coffee in under 4 minutes.
The secret? The stainless steel internal tank keeps the water hot, so it’s always ready to brew.
Additionally, it has this unique lid design that serves as the on/off brewing switch. When you close the lid, the unit starts the brew and stops brewing when opened.
Another good feature of Speed Brew Classic is the carafe spout design. You’ll never have to worry about spilling coffee on the counter, isn’t that great?
- Easy to use and clean
- Brews in under 4 minutes
- Brews great-tasting coffee
- Drip-free carafe design
- You can choose to make 4 to 10 cups depending on your preference or need
- No auto shut-off feature
The Bunn BT Velocity Brew has this distinct feature, which is the ability to work efficiently on high altitudes. What it has to do with coffee brewing?
In higher altitudes, the atmospheric pressure is lower, and so water has a lower boiling point. This means that the coffee maker can burn your coffee if it’s not designed for high altitude brewing.
You don’t want to have coffee with a burnt taste, do you?
- High-altitude brewing
- Quick brewing at under 4 minutes
- The thermal carafe can keep coffee within 150 degrees for more than 2 hours
- Easy to use
- Carafe pours cleanly
- The coffee maker is prone to overflow when using finely ground coffee. Because the Bunn BT Velocity brews quickly, the spray head supplies water quicker than it can flow down the fine ground coffee.
The Bunn GRB velocity brew is another quick brewer that has almost the same functions as the BT Velocity Brew. The difference is the glass carafe with a unique anti-drip design.
Additionally, the spray head shower can be replaced by a low-flow nozzle if you frequently use finely ground coffee. This option is to prevent overflow as this device is known to brew coffee very quickly.
Another great feature is the anti-drip carafe design. Most problems of coffee maker carafes are spout design that tends to spill coffee on your counter.
But with the Bunn GRB, you’ll no longer be wiping coffee spills on your countertops.
And we are quite sure, it is one of the best drip coffee makers.
- Fast brewing
- Has the option of brewing less than 10 cups
- Guarantees drip-free pouring of the carafe
- Replaceable spray showerhead
- Makes great-tasting coffee
- Prone to overflowing but can be fixed by replacing the spray showerhead
3 Alternatives for Bunn Coffee Makers
It’s always good to have more alternatives. If you feel like you need more products to compare, then we’re giving you 3 more coffee makers that can be good alternatives for the Bunn products.
Let’s check them out and see if you can find something that suits your coffee brewing needs.
The Capresso CM300 is a highly functional coffee maker. It’s charcoal filter removes up to 82% of chlorine and other contaminants making your water safer to drink.
The goldtone coffee filter keeps sediments away from your brewed coffee. The CM300 also provides convenience for being programmable.
- Has a large capacity thermal carafe
- Programmable so you can have coffee ready at your set time
- Removable water tank makes it easier to clean
- Auto shut off is a great convenience so you won’t worry about forgetting to turn off the unit
- The thermal carafe keeps coffee hot for up to 4 hours
- The carafe doesn’t keep coffee hot for 4 hours as opposed to its advertisement
The Cuisinart Perfectemp is fully automatic and programmable. It’s the best feature of this coffee machine aside from making great-tasting brewed coffee.
It has a large 14 cups capacity, which is big enough for a gang of coffee lovers. But another nice thing about this coffee brewer is that you can program it to brew 1 to 4 cups of Joe.
This feature is great when you only have to serve a few people.
Cuisinart Perfecttemp also deserves to be mentioned as one of the best drip coffee maker.
- Large capacity carafe
- The convenience of a fully automatic and programmable brewer
- Adjustable warming feature prevents burnt coffee taste
- Easy to clean and use
- Makes great-tasting coffee
- Compact size
- Can select a strong brew
- It has an automatic drip-stop when you remove the carafe
- The warmer plate tends to flake off
The Ninja CE201 is another brewer full of features and innovations. One great innovation is the Flavor Straw feature, which circulates the coffee inside the carafe while brewing.
This feature balances the flavor and temperature of the entire brew giving you consistently hot and flavorful coffee. Brewing a whole pot can be inconvenient at times when you just need a cup of two.
But thanks to the Small Batch function, you can brew for a single cup up to 4 cups.
- Fully programmable with 24-hour delay brewing
- You can carry the removable reservoir to the sink for quick and easy refilling
- Warming plate keeps coffee hot for at least 4 hours
- The mid-brew-pause feature automatically pauses the brewing when you remove the carafe without any drips
- Goldtone coffee filter helps save money on disposable filters
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best Bunn coffee maker for home use?
The best coffee maker from Bunn will always depend on several factors. If you want a programmable coffee maker, then you could go for the Heat N’ Brew model for convenience.
Of course, expect some additional costs for the convenience. But if you want something at a lower price, and trade-off some programmability convenience, then the BX Speed Brew would be a great Bunn pick.
Don’t want a glass carafe? Going for the BT Velocity gives you the confidence of not breaking the carafe.
It has a double wall and insulated thermal carafe. Now, you don’t have to worry about breaking a glass carafe.
But if you want to go for the most affordable with the same functional coffee maker Bunn quality, then the GRB velocity is your best candidate.
Is a Bunn coffee maker worth it?
If we speak of quality, functionality, versatility, and affordability, then we could say that Bunn is a worthy coffee maker. Moreover, Bunn is an established company with more than a century of experience in doing business.
Do Bunn coffee makers need special filters?
Well, the company itself recommends Bunn coffee filters. Why? Not just because they want more of your money but also their filter is specially designed for the quick brewing Bunn machines.
Bunn filters are 1/4 inches taller than other coffee filters and this additional height prevents overflow. Additionally, Bunn coffee filters are designed to quickly let the water flow. This is again, due to the quick release of water from the spray head.
Why is my Bunn coffee maker so slow?
Bunn coffee makers are designed to be quick brewers. But when a Bunn brewer slows down, then it’s a sign that it needs cleaning.
Regular cleaning or descaling needs to be done to keep the Bunn brewers in good condition. As you use the machine, calcium deposits build-up due to hard water. These form scales and clogs the water lines inside the Bunn machine.